ATLANTA, May 12, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- SunTrust Banks, Inc. (NYSE: STI) recently unveiled the latest in banking technology at the SunTrust Plaza Garden building in downtown Atlanta. This branch will be a testing ground for new concepts that could make their way into other SunTrust locations. Among the new features is a fully automated safety deposit box system that allows clients to access their valuables using their debit card, pin number and hand scan. The system, built by Hamilton Safe, is the first of its kind to be installed in the U.S.
Other key features of the innovation branch include:
- Teller Connect machines that combine the convenience of an ATM with the personal touch of a live teller to help clients self-serve when performing various transactions, including check cashing. Developed by NCR Corporation, Teller Connect allows clients to initiate a video conference call to a remote teller in order to ask questions or complete a transaction.
- A Tablet Bar that provides clients with a secure and convenient way to use SunTrust Mobile, Tablet and Online Banking via guest Wi-Fi.
- An interactive 80-inch Microsoft Surface touch screen allowing users to learn more about SunTrust accounts and services by selecting from a menu of options. SunTrust is the first super-regional bank to install this type of screen and educational tool in a branch.
"Banking preferences are certainly changing," said Brad Dinsmore, SunTrust corporate executive vice president of Consumer Banking and Private Wealth Management. "Consumers want the option of self-service technology inside the branch. This new technology allows more choices and greater convenience, while also ensuring access to experienced tellers who can offer the personal touch and human element that no technology can take away."
In addition to Atlanta, SunTrust will also launch a similar innovation branch in Washington, D.C.'s Georgetown neighborhood later this summer and test more than 35 Teller Connect machines in various markets.About SunTrust Banks, Inc. SunTrust Banks, Inc. (NYSE: STI), headquartered in Atlanta, is one of the nation's largest banking organizations, serving a broad range of consumer, commercial, corporate and institutional clients. As of March 31, 2014, SunTrust had total assets of $179.5 billion and total deposits of $132.9 billion. Through its flagship subsidiary, SunTrust Bank, the Company operates an extensive branch and ATM network throughout the high-growth Southeast and Mid-Atlantic states and a full array of technology-based, 24-hour delivery channels. The company also serves clients in selected markets nationally. Its primary businesses include deposit, credit, trust and investment services. Through its various subsidiaries, the company provides mortgage banking, asset management, securities brokerage, and capital market services. SunTrust's Internet address is www.suntrust.com. Hamilton Safe Hamilton Safe is a wholly owned subsidiary of Gunnebo Group. Based in Montgomery, Ohio, Hamilton Safe operates five manufacturing facilities throughout the Cincinnati metro area containing more than 350,000 square ft. of space. Hamilton has grown to become one of the largest manufactures of physical security products, pneumatic tube systems and audio/video systems in North America. Hamilton Safe's website is www.hamiltonsafe.com. NCR Corporation NCR Corporation (NYSE: NCR) is the global leader in consumer transaction technologies, turning everyday interactions with businesses into exceptional experiences. With its software, hardware, and portfolio of services, NCR enables more than 485 million transactions daily across retail, financial, travel, hospitality, telecom and technology, and small business. NCR is headquartered in Duluth, Georgia with approximately 29,000 employees and does business in 180 countries.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts