NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Nasdaq OMX Group said it has re-hired Adena Friedman to be the company's president of global corporate and information technology solutions. Friedman, who began her career at Nasdaq, left in 2011 to serve as chief financial officer at private-equity firm Carlyle Group.
Nasdaq OMX Group (NDAQ) said it has re-hired Adena Friedman to be the company's president of global corporate and information technology solutions.Friedman originally began her career at Nasdaq. She returns to the company after leaving in 2011 to serve as chief financial officer at private-equity firm Carlyle Group. Friedman will report to CEO Robert Greifeld, and is his likely successor when his contract expires in 2017, according to a report by The Wall Street Journal. Greifeld has come under fire for a series of incidents at the Nasdaq, including the problematic Facebook (FB) IPO in 2012 and the software glitch that halted trading for several hours last August. Friedman's hiring is part of an executive restructuring and will correspond with the promotion of Hans-Ole Jochumsen to president of global trading and market services. Friedman will begin her new role at the exchange on June 12. In New York, I'm Brittany Umar for TheStreet. -- Written by Brittany Umar in New York.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV