New Lifetime High For PepsiCo (PEP)
- PEP has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $358.4 million.
- PEP has traded 400 shares today.
- PEP is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in PEP with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for PEP NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on PEP: PepsiCo, Inc. operates as a food and beverage company worldwide. Its Frito-Lay North America segment offers Lay's and Ruffles potato chips, Doritos and Tostitos tortilla chips, Cheetos cheese flavored snacks, dips, Fritos corn chips, and Santitas tortilla chips. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 3%. PEP has a PE ratio of 19.6. Currently there are 9 analysts that rate PepsiCo a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 6 rate it a hold. The average volume for PepsiCo has been 6.1 million shares per day over the past 30 days. PepsiCo has a market cap of $131.6 billion and is part of the consumer goods sector and food & beverage industry. The stock has a beta of 0.31 and a short float of 0.7% with 2.69 days to cover. Shares are up 4.5% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates PepsiCo as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its growth in earnings per share, revenue growth, notable return on equity, expanding profit margins and increase in net income. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally high debt management risk by most measures that we evaluated. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- PEPSICO INC has improved earnings per share by 14.5% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, PEPSICO INC increased its bottom line by earning $4.32 versus $3.92 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($4.54 versus $4.32).
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 3.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 0.3%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. When compared to other companies in the Beverages industry and the overall market, PEPSICO INC's return on equity exceeds that of the industry average and significantly exceeds that of the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for PEPSICO INC is rather high; currently it is at 58.52%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 9.63% trails the industry average.
- The company, on the basis of net income growth from the same quarter one year ago, has underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Beverages industry average. The net income increased by 13.1% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $1,075.00 million to $1,216.00 million.
- You can view the full PepsiCo Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts