NEW YORK, May 12, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- NorthStar Realty Finance Corp. (NYSE: NRF) (the "Company") announced today that it has commenced an underwritten public offering of its new Series E Preferred Stock. The Company expects to grant the underwriters a 30-day option to purchase additional shares of its Series E Preferred Stock solely to cover over-allotments, if any.
UBS Investment Bank and Morgan Stanley are acting as the joint book-running managers of the offering. Barclays, Citigroup, Credit Suisse, Deutsche Bank Securities, J.P. Morgan and Keefe, Bruyette & Woods, a Stifel Company, are acting as the joint-lead managers of the offering. FBR, JMP Securities, Ladenburg Thalmann & Co. Inc. and MLV & Co. are acting as the co-managers of the offering.
The Company intends to use the net proceeds of the offering for general corporate purposes, including the repurchase or repayment of its liabilities, as well as potentially in connection with the following recently announced transactions, all of which are currently under contract:
- the acquisition through a joint venture of a $1.0 billion hotel portfolio;
- the acquisition of a €50 million minority interest in Aerium Group, an established European real estate investment manager specializing in commercial real estate properties; and
- a $167 million preferred and common equity investment in a 6.3 million square foot industrial portfolio.
A registration statement relating to the offered securities became effective upon filing with the Securities and Exchange Commission ("SEC"). The offering is being made only by means of a prospectus supplement and accompanying base prospectus. Copies of the preliminary prospectus supplement and the related prospectus for the proposed offering may be obtained, when available, by contacting: UBS Securities LLC, Attention: Prospectus Specialist, 299 Park Avenue, New York, NY 10171, or by calling (877) 827-6444, extension 561 3884; or Morgan Stanley &Co. LLC, Attention: Prospectus Department, 180 Varick Street, 2 nd Floor, New York, NY 10014, or by calling (866)-718-1649 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.This press release shall not constitute an offer to sell or a solicitation of an offer to buy the shares, nor shall it constitute an offer, solicitation or sale in any jurisdiction in which such offer, solicitation or sale is unlawful.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV