In recognition of its long-term commitment to small business owners, leading security provider ADT (NYSE: ADT) today announced its sponsorship of National Small Business Week, a nationwide effort put forth by the U.S. Small Business Administration, to support and promote the 28 million small businesses that drive America’s economy.
This year, National Small Business Week celebrations will be held in four major U.S. cities: San Francisco, May 12; Kansas City, Mo., May 13; Boston, May 15; and Washington, D.C., May 15-16. The cross-country event is designed to engage the small business community and highlight the importance of small businesses as innovators and job creators.
As part of ADT’s National Small Business Week activities, Luis Orbegoso, President of ADT Small Business, will lead a panel discussion alongside leaders from the FBI and McAfee around best practices for proactively conquering key security vulnerabilities for small business owners (full details below).
“Our main objective in serving the small business community is providing peace of mind that their businesses are protected, while also delivering the necessary tools for improved day-to-day productivity,” said Luis Orbegoso, President of ADT Small Business. “We are thrilled to be participating in this year’s National Small Business Week, in celebration of the small business owners across the country who are driving our economy.”Last month, ADT announced a strategic plan to overhaul its service to the small business market sector by delivering bundled and customized small business solutions that directly address the needs of specific industries. The first of these offerings, the ADT Retail Solutions Bundle, delivers a package of relevant security and automation resources for retail small business owners. This new approach was supported by survey findings that exposed the true everyday security concerns of America’s small business retailers. The study, conducted online by Harris Poll and commissioned by ADT, found that theft of merchandise by customers (79 percent), vandalism (66 percent), break-ins (64 percent) and online security (58 percent) were the top pain points and concerns for small business retailers. For more information on ways small business owners can proactively protect and automate businesses for success, and to learn more about the Retail Bundle Solution, please visit www.ADT.com. National Small Business Week Panel Details:
- What: “ Convergence of Physical and Digital Security: Implication for Small Business Owners,” a panel discussion featuring actionable insights from Luis Orbegoso, President of ADT Small Business; Eric Rommal, Assistant Special Agent in Charge, FBI, and Kent Landfield, Director of Standards and Technology Policy, McAfee.
- Where: FHI360 Conference Center, 1825 Connecticut Avenue NW, 8 th Floor, Washington D.C. 20009. To register to attend: http://www.sba.gov/nsbw/washington-dc/register.
- Who: Presented by ADT, together with the Small Business Administration, SCORE, FBI and McAfee
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV