SAN DIEGO, May 12, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Good news for small business owners: the number of consumers willing to go out of their way to shop at small businesses, even if it costs more, has increased in the last year, according to survey results released today by The UPS Store ®.
Small businesses are not only viewed as important and valued by their owners, but also are increasingly valued by their communities for their impact on the economy. The survey indicated that 89 percent of consumers said doing business with small businesses in their communities is important and 90 percent of all respondents agree that small businesses are important to the U.S. economy. America's small businesses create two out of every three new jobs in the U.S. each year, and are responsible for more than 55 percent of all jobs in the U.S.*
A noteworthy survey finding was that consumers are increasingly willing to spend more and go out of their way to shop at or use the services of a small business. Specifically:
- The number of people who paid more for a product or service in order to support a small business over a large corporation increased by 41 percent from 2013 to 2014.
- The number of people who traveled out of their way to support a small business over a large corporation increased by 36 percent from 2013 to 2014.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV