The firm said it lowered its rating for the designer apparel company due to concerns over Ralph Lauren's earnings growth.
"Accelerated SG&A [spending] will persist longer than we had previously expected, and margin expansion will be delayed into FY'16 or even FY'17, suggesting sub-10% earnings growth for three years-running," Credit Suisse said.
Must Read: Warren Buffett's 10 Favorite Growth Stocks
- RALPH LAUREN CORP has improved earnings per share by 11.3% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, RALPH LAUREN CORP increased its bottom line by earning $8.00 versus $7.13 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($8.39 versus $8.00).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the Textiles, Apparel & Luxury Goods industry average, but is less than that of the S&P 500. The net income increased by 9.9% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $215.70 million to $237.00 million.
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 15.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 9.1%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- RL's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.14 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. To add to this, RL has a quick ratio of 1.97, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: RL Ratings Report
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts