ATHENS, Greece, May 12, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Diana Containerships Inc. (Nasdaq:DCIX), (the "Company"), a global shipping company specializing in the ownership of containerships, announced today that the Company's Annual Meeting of Shareholders was duly held on May 7, 2014, in Geneva, Switzerland pursuant to a Notice of Annual Meeting of Shareholders dated April 1, 2014. Broadridge Financial Solutions, Inc. acted as inspector of the Meeting.
At the Meeting, each of the following proposals, which are set forth in more detail in the Notice of Annual Meeting of Shareholders and the Company's Proxy Statement sent to shareholders on or around April 1, 2014, were approved and adopted:
(1) The re-election of Ioannis Zafirakis and Antonios Karavias as Class I Directors of the Company, to serve until the 2017 Annual Meeting of Shareholders; and
(2) The appointment of Ernst & Young (Hellas) as the Company's independent auditors for the fiscal year ending December 31, 2014.About the Company Diana Containerships Inc. is a leading global provider of shipping transportation services through its ownership of containerships. The Company's vessels are employed primarily on time charters with leading liner companies carrying containerized cargo along worldwide shipping routes.
CONTACT: Corporate Contact: Ioannis Zafirakis Director, Chief Operating Officer and Secretary Telephone: +30-216-600-2400 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Website: www.dcontainerships.com Investor and Media Relations: Edward Nebb Comm-Counsellors, LLC Telephone: + 1-203-972-8350 Email: email@example.com
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts