Avnet, Inc. (NYSE: AVT), a leading global technology distributor, announced today that William J. Amelio, chief executive officer and president of CHC Group Ltd. (NYSE: HELI), a global helicopter services provider, has been appointed to the company's board of directors. He will serve on the Compensation and Corporate Governance Committees.
“Bill’s experience effectively managing complex global organizations, complemented by his extensive knowledge of the technology industry are excellent additions to Avnet and its board of directors,” said William H. Schumann III, chairman of the board of Avnet, Inc. “We welcome him and look forward to the new perspectives he brings to our organization.”
Since 2010, Mr. Amelio has been the chief executive officer and president of CHC Helicopter, a leader in specialized transportation services. Previously, he served as president and chief executive officer of Lenovo Group Limited, and as senior vice president, Asia-Pacific and Japan of Dell, Inc.
Mr. Amelio’s board experience includes his current role as a director of CHC Helicopter and past service as an independent director for National Semiconductor Corp.About Avnet Avnet, Inc. (NYSE: AVT), a Fortune 500 company, is one of the largest distributors of electronic components, computer products and embedded technology serving customers globally. Avnet accelerates its partners' success by connecting the world's leading technology suppliers with a broad base of customers by providing cost-effective, value-added services and solutions. For the fiscal year ended June 29, 2013, Avnet generated revenue of $25.5 billion. For more information, visit www.avnet.com. (AVT_IR) All company and product names may be trademarks of the respective companies with which they are associated.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV