- The world's smallest 5-mode LTE Advanced Carrier Aggregation modem, the Ericsson M7450, is fully tested and certified by China Mobile
- First devices integrating the Ericsson M7450 will be on the market in the second half of this year
STOCKHOLM, Sweden, May 12, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Ericsson (NASDAQ: ERIC) today announced that the M7450 5-mode modem chipset, covering all five access technologies (TD-LTE, LTE FDD, WCDMA, TD-SCDMA and GSM), has been fully tested and certified for use in China Mobile's network. Targeting smartphones, tablets and other connected devices, the LTE Advanced multimode modems are an integral part of the development of the wireless industry.
The strong performance of the power-efficient Ericsson M7450 modem in all five access technologies ensures an outstanding user experience. Seamless handovers between the different technologies mean improved quality of data streaming and secured mobility.
Robert Puskaric, Senior Vice President and Head of Business Unit Modems says: "Passing this important validation process with China Mobile confirms that our modems more than meet the requirements of the market. Partners and customers are assured that the Ericsson M7450 modem will deliver high-speed and consistent connection in all five modes. China is an important market for us and we have a close collaboration with China Mobile. We look forward to having 4G 5-mode smartphones and other connected devices powered by the Ericsson M7450 modem running on the China Mobile 4G network."Ericsson M7450 is the world's smallest LTE Advanced Carrier Aggregation modem designed for global usage. This highly integrated multimode multi-band modem also covers the widest array of frequency bands and a feature set that includes Single RF Chip Carrier Aggregation, VoLTE and IMS. In order for devices with a modem to be sold in certain markets, operator certification is required. In addition to this certification of the Ericsson M7450 from China Mobile, certification with global operators in North America, Europe and Asia is progressing as planned. First devices integrating the Ericsson M7450 will be on the market in the second half of this year.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV