VANCOUVER, British Columbia, May 10, 2014 /PRNewswire/ --
-- TSX:SLW -- NYSE:SLW
Silver Wheaton Corp. ("Silver Wheaton" or the "Company") (TSX:SLW) (NYSE:SLW) announces that the nominees listed in the management proxy circular for the 2014 Annual and Special Meeting of Shareholders were elected as directors of Silver Wheaton. Detailed results of the vote for directors of the Company held at the Annual and Special Meeting of Shareholders earlier today are shown below:
Nominee Votes For % For Votes Withheld % Withheld Lawrence I. Bell 170,061,439 99.06 1,607,166 0.94 George L. Brack 168,457,095 98.13 3,211,510 1.87 John A. Brough 170,150,611 99.12 1,517,994 0.88 R. Peter Gillin 170,136,257 99.11 1,532,348 0.89 Chantal Gosselin 170,408,989 99.27 1,259,616 0.73 Douglas M. Holtby 169,972,210 99.01 1,696,395 0.99 Eduardo Luna 136,291,095 79.39 35,377,510 20.61 Wade D. Nesmith 139,000,466 80.97 32,668,139 19.03 Randy V.J. Smallwood 169,739,131 98.88 1,929,474 1.12
In addition, the following special matters were approved by shareholders at the 2014 Annual and Special Meeting of Shareholders:
- the non-binding advisory resolution accepting the Company's approach to executive compensation was carried with 95.27% of the votes cast in favour of such resolution;
- the amendment to the Company's share option plan was carried with 89.36% of the votes cast in favour of such resolution;
- the confirmation of the by-law providing for advance notice requirements for the nomination of directors was carried with 97.71% of the votes cast in favour of such resolution;
- the confirmation of the amendment to the Company's existing by-laws to increase the quorum at a meeting of shareholders from 10% to 25% was carried with 99.47% of the votes cast in favour of such resolution; and
- the confirmation of the amendment to the Company's existing by-laws to modernize and enhance notice and signature provisions was carried with 99.58% of the votes cast in favour of such resolution.
(SLW. SLW)SOURCE Silver Wheaton Corp.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV