The company reported a loss of 13 cents a share, which was better than the consensus estimate of a loss of 15 cents a share. Revenue totaled $182.8 million, which was slightly less than the consensus estimate of $184.86 million. Comparable-store sales increased 6.4%.
Tuesday Morning also reports a 13.1% decline in end inventories to $205.8 million. The company ended the third quarter with $41.6 million in cash and cash equivalents with no borrowings under its line of credit. End inventories totaled $205.8 million, a 13.1% decline from $236.9 million in the same quarter one year earlier.
Must Read: Warren Buffett's 10 Favorite Growth StocksSTOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. "Our inventory turnover for the trailing five quarters is 2.5 turns, and compares favorably to our prior year trailing five quarter turnover of 2.2 turns," the company said in a statement. The stock closed up 15.63%, or $2.04, to $15.09. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV