TheStreet's Jim Cramer, co-manager of the Action Alerts PLUS portfolio, said Concho Resources is a play on the "red hot" Permian basin.
The company has a pipeline that will open soon, bringing WTI crude oil to the Gulf of Mexico, where Concho Resources can get more advantageous pricing.
Cramer pointed out that the stock has held up well given the secondary offering. He also liked the positive price action in Baker Hughes (BHI) following a downgrade from Bernstein."This Concho deal shows you that the Permian remains the single greatest growth story in America today," he concluded, out of "all industries." -- Written by Bret Kenwell in Petoskey, Mich. Follow @BretKenwell >>Read More: Ben Graham Still Delivers Results >>Read More: Family Dollar Keeps Falling Short
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV