NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Shares of TETRA Technologies Inc. (TTI - Get Report) are down -8.92% to $11.23 on Friday after the company reported a 2014 first quarter net income loss of -6.9 million, compared to net income of 1.3 million for the same period last year.
On a per share basis the oil and gas services company reported a net loss of -9 cents versus a net income of 2 cents per share from the 2013 first quarter.
The company said revenue for the most recent quarter was up to $212.9 million from $208.6 million for the year ago quarter.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
TheStreet Ratings team rates TETRA TECHNOLOGIES INC/DE as a Hold with a ratings score of C. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation:
Must Read: Why RadNet (RDNT) Stock Is Soaring Today
"We rate TETRA TECHNOLOGIES INC/DE (TTI) a HOLD. The primary factors that have impacted our rating are mixed some indicating strength, some showing weaknesses, with little evidence to justify the expectation of either a positive or negative performance for this stock relative to most other stocks. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including deteriorating net income, disappointing return on equity and poor profit margins."
Highlights from the analysis by TheStreet Ratings Team goes as follows:
- Compared to its price level of one year ago, TTI is up 36.53% to its most recent closing price of 12.22. Looking ahead, our view is that this company's fundamentals should not have much impact in either direction, allowing the stock to generally move up or down based on the push and pull of the broad market.
- TTI, with its decline in revenue, underperformed when compared the industry average of 9.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 2.5%. The declining revenue appears to have seeped down to the company's bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- The gross profit margin for TETRA TECHNOLOGIES INC/DE is rather low; currently it is at 21.56%. It has decreased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of -4.58% is significantly below that of the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to $5.75 million or 83.62% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: TTI Ratings Report