3 Electronics Stocks Driving The Industry Higher
2. As of noon trading, Altera ( ALTR) is up $0.27 (0.8%) to $32.42 on average volume. Thus far, 1.4 million shares of Altera exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3.4 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $31.88-$32.47 after having opened the day at $32.16 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $32.15. Altera Corporation, a semiconductor company, designs, manufactures, and sells programmable logic devices (PLD), HardCopy application-specific integrated circuit (ASIC) devices, power system-on-chip devices (PowerSoCs), pre-defined design building blocks, and proprietary development software. Altera has a market cap of $10.1 billion and is part of the technology sector. Shares are down 1.1% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday. Currently there are 12 analysts who rate Altera a buy, 2 analysts rate it a sell, and 4 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Altera as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and expanding profit margins. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including deteriorating net income, disappointing return on equity and weak operating cash flow. Get the full Altera Ratings Report now. 3x UPSIDE POTENTIAL: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts