DeVry Education Group is pleased with the decision issued May 8, 2014 by Judge John F. Grady of the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois. Judge Grady found that a securities fraud class action filed against DeVry Group and certain senior executives four years ago was a “strike suit,” or a suit filed without any legitimate basis for the purpose of obtaining a private settlement. The Court also held that DeVry Group presumptively is entitled to recover its reasonable attorneys’ fees and expenses for the entire action.
“We are pleased with the Court’s decision. It confirms what we have known for four years – that this was a frivolous suit,” said Greg Davis, general counsel at DeVry Education Group.
About DeVry Education Group
The purpose of DeVry Education Group is to empower its students to
achieve their educational and career goals. DeVry Education Group Inc.
(NYSE: DV; member S&P MidCap 400 Index) is a global provider of
educational services and the parent organization of American University
of the Caribbean School of Medicine, Becker Professional Education,
Carrington College, Carrington College California, Chamberlain College
of Nursing, DeVry Brasil, DeVry University, Ross University School of
Medicine and Ross University School of Veterinary Medicine. These
institutions offer a wide array of programs in business, healthcare,
technology, accounting and finance.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV