Looking at the universe of stocks we cover at Dividend Channel, on 5/13/14, Nordic American Tankers Ltd (NAT) will trade ex-dividend, for its quarterly dividend of $0.23, payable on 5/27/14. As a percentage of NAT's recent stock price of $8.12, this dividend works out to approximately 2.83%, so look for shares of Nordic American Tankers Ltd to trade 2.83% lower — all else being equal — when NAT shares open for trading on 5/13/14.
Below is a dividend history chart for NAT, showing historical dividends prior to the most recent $0.23 declared by Nordic American Tankers Ltd:
In general, dividends are not always predictable; but looking at the history above can help in judging whether the most recent dividend from NAT is likely to continue, and whether the current estimated yield of 11.33% on annualized basis is a reasonable expectation of annual yield going forward. The chart below shows the one year performance of NAT shares, versus its 200 day moving average:Looking at the chart above, NAT's low point in its 52 week range is $7.00 per share, with $12.61 as the 52 week high point — that compares with a last trade of $8.12.
According to the ETF Finder at ETF Channel, NAT makes up 2.59% of the Guggenheim Shipping ETF (SEA) which is trading up by about 0.3% on the day Friday. In Friday trading, Nordic American Tankers Ltd shares are currently up about 1% on the day.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV