Chase Sapphire Preferred®, a premier travel and dining rewards card from Chase, in partnership with Bon Appétit hosted the second annual Chase Sapphire Preferred Grill Challenge, Thursday, May 8, during the eighth annual Vegas Uncork’d by Bon Appétit. Celebrity chef Mario Batali, chef/owner of B&B Ristorante, Otto Las Vegas, B&B Burger and Beer and Carnevino Italian Steakhouse, and TLC’s Cake Boss Buddy Valastro, owner of Carlo’s Bakery, partnered with two students from Le Cordon Bleu College of Culinary Arts in Las Vegas, Brooke Worley and Kelly Ricker, for the ultimate live grilling competition during the Night Market: East Meets West.
The competition heated up as teams prepared an Asian-inspired version of Porc Charcutiere, and Emcee Andrew Knowlton, Restaurant and Drinks Editor at Bon Appétit, surprised the crowd with a “culinary curveball” requiring contestants to incorporate Shaoxing wine, a traditional ingredient in Chinese cuisine, into their menu. Chef Batali and Brooke Worley impressed the judges with their barbequed pulled pork on a bed of crispy udon noodles. Meanwhile Chef Valastro and Kelly Ricker served up a mouthwatering pork chop topped with a pickled bean sprout salad.
“I'm excited to participate in the Chase Sapphire Preferred Grill Challenge,” said Chef Batali. “These students are the next generation of culinary talent in Las Vegas, I'm delighted to participate in an event which supports their culinary education.”
“I am honored to be a part of such an incredible event alongside my fellow Venetian Palazzo chefs,” said Valastro. “The Chase Sapphire Preferred Grill Challenge is a fun, intense, and very unique way for me to support the next generation of culinary super stars right here in Las Vegas from Le Cordon Bleu.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV