The Plan Is Working
In the past 12-months, Sandberg said Facebook focused on its proprietary targeting tools to help advertisers improve the effectiveness of their ad campaigns, directly reaching target audiences. Ten times more marketers are now using Facebook's Custom Audiences feature than the first quarter of 2013, Sandberg said.
That would be a positive across Facebook's burgeoning ecosystem. The more Facebook marketers use targeting tools like Custom Audiences, the more relevant those ads become to Facebook's users.
Sandberg also said Facebook is simplifying its ad tools so that smaller companies can find a benefit in Custom Audiences and Partner Categories. Those tools are now available in a self-service ad creation process. For direct response marketers, Facebook now includes 'buy now' or 'install now' buttons that improve the efficacy of their ads.Facebook's investment measurement tools are also improving, Sandberg said. Online conversion measurement tools now enable direct response advertisers to measure the impact that Facebook campaigns have on sales. "[We] recently launched new offline conversion tools to measure in-store sales, which have yielded positive initial results," Sandberg said. The development of new products like premium video, ads on Instagram and a recently launched ad network test could expand Facebook's marketing platform. Those projects, however, won't entirely be seen in 2014 earnings, Sandberg said. Marketing and digital ad campaign wins could be a tailwind for Facebook, especially at a time when larger entrenched players are distracted and growth hurdles become tougher for the social network.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV