NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Apollo Global Management (APO) had its price target cut to $34 from $37 at UBS (UBS) on Friday, based on valuation, higher tax rates, higher comp and a 2014 first quarter miss.
The firm said it lowered its numbers for the global alternative asset manager as the company reported a net income of 55 cents per share, below the UBS estimate of 61 cents per share.
Shares of Apollo Global Management are up 0.12% to $26.00.
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Capital Markets industry and the overall market, APOLLO GLOBAL MANAGEMENT LLC's return on equity significantly exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- APO, with its decline in revenue, underperformed when compared the industry average of 7.9%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues fell by 31.4%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- APOLLO GLOBAL MANAGEMENT LLC's earnings per share declined by 17.0% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. We feel it is likely to report a decline in earnings in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, APOLLO GLOBAL MANAGEMENT LLC increased its bottom line by earning $3.97 versus $1.95 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 25.9% in earnings ($2.94 versus $3.97).
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Capital Markets industry. The net income has decreased by 7.2% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, dropping from $171.51 million to $159.16 million.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: APO Ratings Report
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV