- 3D printed aerospace production parts and patterns revolutionize the aerospace industry through higher performance and improved fuel efficiency - Adoption of fab-grade 3D printers accelerates innovation of highly complex, 3-dimensional functional parts and conformal patterns and molds for mass-manufacturing of precision, complex high-performance parts
ROCK HILL, S.C., May 9, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- 3D Systems (NYSE:DDD) announced today that, over the past several periods, it has shipped over 100 fab-grade 3D printers, including its leading Stereolithography (SLA ®), Selective Laser Sintering (SLS ®) and Multi-Jet-Printing TM (MJP) printers transforming the way aerospace companies mass-produce complex, high-performance engine and conformal parts. 3D printed precision, complex, functional parts and patterns deliver a level of quality and performance that is simply not possible with traditional manufacturing processes.
A photo accompanying this release is available at http://www.globenewswire.com/newsroom/prs/?pkgid=25270Aerospace industry leaders have long been early adopters of 3D printing technology from 3D Systems. From rapid prototyping and wind tunnel models to the first performance, end-use parts manufacturing, these customers have pushed the envelope of 3D printing. Today, the application of fab-grade 3D printers in aerospace is redefining mass-production of complex parts, enabling engineers to design for ultimate performance and delivery of higher accuracy, greater fidelity, functional and conformal parts while cutting production time dramatically and improving fuel savings to the tune of millions of dollars per airframe. "For almost three decades our 3D printers have been at the forefront of innovation in aerospace. Today's fab-grade 3D printers offer a revolution in performance, eliminating the constraints of design for manufacturing and introducing the freedom to design for optimum performance, fuel efficiency and competitive advantage," said Chuck Hull, Chief Technology Officer, 3DS. "We are extremely proud of our work with industry leaders and committed to helping them achieve their bold sustainability and performance targets."
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts