Last year when I was trekking through Europe, I found myself actually eating at a McDonald's in Italy.
I think I desperately needed WiFi, since I try not to eat anything I can eat in America while I'm abroad.
Anyhow, the company had what were called Miami Fries (pronounced: Mee-am-ee fries).
Man, those were some of the best fries. Seriously, they were delicious. So delicious in fact that I did some research on them, and was disappointed to find out that they were only available in Italy, and not available in the U.S. (despite their name).
The Miami Fries would make me go back to the McDonald's-or-nothing mindset for fast food. That's exactly what it needs to do; convince the millions of customers that have decided, eh, it's all just fast food, it doesn't matter, that it actually does matter.For me, the better fry is what got me in the door. The "equalized" fry from competitors is what got me to think that where I ate, didn't matter. McDonald's has lost its luster and new fries might just be the start of something different and better. At the time of publication, Kenwell was long shares of PNRA.
This article represents the opinion of a contributor and not necessarily that of TheStreet or its editorial staff.
-- Written by Bret Kenwell in Petoskey, Mich. Follow @BretKenwell >>Read More: ETF Moves for Before the Crowd Gets Restless >>Read More: Tim Cook Is a Genius if Apple Buys Beats
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV