NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Shares of Ralph Lauren Corp. (RL) are down -5.55% to $143.56 in pe-market trade after the company said today it expected global revenues to increase 6% to 8% in fiscal 2015 but warned its operating margin would decline as it spends money to further build its network of stores, Reuters reports.
Revenue in the fiscal fourth quarter ended March 29 was up 13.6% to $1.87 billion, beating the average Wall Street estimate of $1.83 billion, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
Net income ijumped 20.5% to $153 million, or $1.68 per share, from $127 million, or $1.37, a year ago.
- RALPH LAUREN CORP has improved earnings per share by 11.3% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, RALPH LAUREN CORP increased its bottom line by earning $8.00 versus $7.13 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($8.38 versus $8.00).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the Textiles, Apparel & Luxury Goods industry average, but is less than that of the S&P 500. The net income increased by 9.9% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $215.70 million to $237.00 million.
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 15.0%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 9.1%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- RL's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.14 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. To add to this, RL has a quick ratio of 1.97, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: RL Ratings Report
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts