NEW YORK (TheStreet) --Shares of Twitter Inc. (TWTR) are higher by 0.88% to $32.24 in pre-market trading on Friday following a ratings upgrade to "neutral" from "under perform" at Bank of America (BAC) Merrill Lynch.
The firm upgraded the social media website's rating based on a valuation call saying, "We are now more comfortable with risk/reward given the P/S multiple has come in from a peak of 25x to the current 11x."
Factors such as improving quarter over quarter user growth, strong monetization, the launch of new app install adds that could help boost revenue, site changes that are more engaging to users and recent new product designs and features all went into the firms decision to upgrade Twitter's rating, Bank of America Merrill Lynch said.
Must Read: Warren Buffett's 10 Favorite Growth Stocks
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TWTR data by YCharts
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV