Updated from 11:42 a.m. to include analysis about cost in the seventh paragraph.
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- When the rumored deal about Apple (AAPL) buying Beats Electronics broke last night, the entire tech community was in shock. Nearly 12 hours later, seemingly everyone (and their brother) has an opinion, but there's no clear consensus and that's probably a bad thing.
Last night, the Financial Times broke the story that Apple was in deep negotiations to buy Beats Electronics for $3.2 billion to bring the headphone maker and streaming music service under Apple's roof in Cupertino, Calif. Reports suggested that the deal could be announced as soon as next week, but given the reported high price tag, perhaps CEO Timothy D. Cook may want to rethink this one for a bit longer.
@Chris_Ciaccia Probably a good idea :-). Marc Andreessen (@pmarca) May 9, 2014
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV