TARRYTOWN, N.Y., May 9, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Progenics Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (Nasdaq:PGNX) today announced its results of operations for the quarter ended March 31.
Net loss for the quarter was $9.3 million or $0.15 diluted per share, compared to net loss of $11.3 million or $0.22 diluted per share in the 2013 period. Progenics ended the quarter with cash, cash equivalents and securities of $96.2 million, an increase of $28.1 million in the quarter resulting primarily from public offering proceeds.
First quarter revenue totaled $1.8 million, down from $2.2 million in 2013, reflecting royalty income of $0.7 million compared to $1.2 million in the 2013 period, based on RELISTOR ® net sales (in millions) reported to Progenics by our commercialization partner Salix. Net sales declined to $4.8 million in the current quarter from prior quarter net sales of $19.0 million. Salix attributed the lower sales in the first quarter to wholesalers adjusting their inventory levels as a result of higher sales in the fourth quarter of 2013.
|Net Relistor Sales for Quarter Ended|
|March 31,||December 31,|
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV