NEW YORK (TheStreet -- The great debate about Amazon (AMZN) continues, and year to date at least, with shares down 28%, it appears that those of us who believe that the stock was overpriced, are winning.
It also looks like TheStreet columnist Rocco Pendola, an Amazon permabull, is going to owe some fellow contributors burgers and beers if the stock stays on its current course.
In my view, the bull and bear arguments for Amazon boil down to one main theme -- that being the disconnect between price and valuation. Perhaps stated better, it's the difference between Amazon from the lens of the consumer, versus the lens of the astute investor.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV