CBS (CBS) Down In After-Hours Trading
- CBS has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $375.1 million.
- CBS is down 3% today from today's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in CBS with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for CBS NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on CBS: CBS Corporation operates as a mass media company in the United States and internationally. It operates in five segments: Entertainment, Cable Networks, Publishing, Local Broadcasting, and Outdoor Americas. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 0.8%. CBS has a PE ratio of 18.9. Currently there are 17 analysts that rate CBS a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold. The average volume for CBS has been 6.5 million shares per day over the past 30 days. CBS has a market cap of $30.5 billion and is part of the services sector and media industry. The stock has a beta of 1.86 and a short float of 2.2% with 1.74 days to cover. Shares are down 11.1% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates CBS as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, impressive record of earnings per share growth, notable return on equity, reasonable valuation levels and good cash flow from operations. Although the company may harbor some minor weaknesses, we feel they are unlikely to have a significant impact on results. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- CBS's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 5.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 5.8%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- CBS CORP has improved earnings per share by 22.6% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, CBS CORP increased its bottom line by earning $3.01 versus $2.48 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($3.47 versus $3.01).
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Media industry and the overall market, CBS CORP's return on equity exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 65.07% to $553.00 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, CBS CORP has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 3.44%.
- You can view the full CBS Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts