Universal Display Corporation (Nasdaq: OLED), enabling energy-efficient displays and lighting with its UniversalPHOLED® technology and materials, today reported financial results for the first quarter ended March 31, 2014.
For the first quarter of 2014, the Company reported net income of $4.0 million, or $0.09 per diluted share, on revenues of $37.8 million. For the first quarter of 2013, the Company reported a net loss of $4.8 million, or $(0.10) per diluted share, on revenues of $15.0 million.
"Our solid execution in delivering high performance, quality assured, proprietary phosphorescent emitters and hosts to our growing list of OLED customers, coupled with increasing production activity, resulted in strong revenues, operating income and earnings in the first quarter," said Sidney D. Rosenblatt, Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer of Universal Display. "In recent months, we were very pleased to see new products, including flagship launches, showcasing our phosphorescent OLED materials and technologies. Looking forward, we are excited about new growth opportunities in the mobile, wearable, TV and lighting markets as we continue to fortify and expand our IP and materials portfolio for long-term growth.”
First Quarter 2014 ResultsRevenues for the first quarter of 2014 were $37.8 million compared to revenues of $15.0 million in the same quarter of 2013. Growth in first quarter revenues was led by a 177% increase in material sales, which rose to $35.3 million, up from $12.8 million in the first quarter of 2013, reflecting robust volume growth in sales of red emitter, green emitter and green host materials. Royalty and license fees were $1.8 million in the first quarter of 2014, up from $1.3 million in the same quarter of 2013. Technology development and support revenue was $0.7 million in the first quarter of 2014 compared to $0.9 million in the same quarter of 2013.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV