**UPDATE: Best Buy was even kind enough to send the purchased item to the buyer (who apparently/allegedly committed fraud by using my Best Buy credit card). Excellent job boys.
**UPDATE: Best Buy has apparently asked UPS to return the item to them. Good work!
UPDATED (again!): I woke up Sunday morning to the following emails. The rep at Best Buy ("Wendi") told me I hadn't been charged, that somebody probably just used my email, that I should change my password and that there's really nothing they would do (even though a guy in New Jersey is receiving an item paid for with a woman's credit in California, somehow, inside my "My Best Buy" account). Does Best Buy care about security? Have they not learned from Target? Different situation I know, but in the same ballpark.
UPDATED again ... it's another day, another fraudulent purchase in my "My Best Buy" account ...
Follow @mynameisrocco --Written by Rocco Pendola in Santa Monica, Calif.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV