Monday on CNBC's "Cramer's Stop Trading" segment, TheStreet's Jim Cramer, co-manager of the Action Alerts PLUS portfolio, called Core Laboratories "one of the most highly valued," yet best run companies in the oil sector.
He attributed the lack of exploration in the Gulf of Mexico as the main culprit behind Core Laboratories' disappointing earnings result.
However, Cramer mentioned that management had nothing negative to say in regards to the Permian basin, from where most of the company's growth comes.Investors certainly should not sell the stocks of other companies that operate in the Permian basin, he added, specifically referring to Pioneer Natural Resources (PXD), EOG Resources (EOG) and Exelon Corp. (EXC). Cramer also said investors should not sell shares of Schlumberger (SLB).
-- Written by Bret Kenwell in Petoskey, Mich. Follow @BretKenwell
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV