The company reported a loss of 29 cents a share, which was wider than the Capital IQ Consensus Estimate of a loss of 24 cents a share. Revenue declined 18.5% to $118.5 million, well short of analysts' expectations of $144.48.
Must Read: Warren Buffett's 10 Favorite Growth Stocks
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to -$64.34 million or 51.57% when compared to the same quarter last year. In conjunction, when comparing current results to the industry average, MOLYCORP INC has marginally lower results.
- The debt-to-equity ratio of 1.02 is relatively high when compared with the industry average, suggesting a need for better debt level management. Regardless of the company's weak debt-to-equity ratio, MCP has managed to keep a strong quick ratio of 2.46, which demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- MCP has underperformed the S&P 500 Index, declining 17.29% from its price level of one year ago. The fact that the stock is now selling for less than others in its industry in relation to its current earnings is not reason enough to justify a buy rating at this time.
- The company, on the basis of net income growth from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed compared to the Metals & Mining industry average, but is greater than that of the S&P 500. The net income increased by 50.3% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from -$391.19 million to -$194.31 million.
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Metals & Mining industry and the overall market, MOLYCORP INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: MCP Ratings Report
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV