NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Keurig Green Mountain (GMCR) stock is moving higher on Thursday after the company reported better-than-expected earnings and revenue in its second quarter and on the news it had expanded its partnership with J.M. Smucker (SJM).
The company, formerly known as Green Mountain Coffee Roasters, reported its second quarter after the bell Wednesday. Earnings of $1.08 a share were well over estimates for 94 cents a share, according to analysts surveyed by Thomson Reuters. Revenue climbed nearly 10% year over year $1.1 billion. Analysts expected $1.04 billion in sales.
Keurig which specializes in homemade coffee said sales of single-serve pods climbed 13%, accounting for over 81% of total revenue. The sale of brewers and other equipment increased 8.5%.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: GMCR Ratings Report
WATCH: More market update videos on TheStreet TV | More videos from Keris Alison Lahiff
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV