NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Dish Network (DISH) shares are down -1.53% to $61.70 on Thursday after reporting mixed first quarter earnings results that beat analysts revenue estimates, but fell short on earnings.
The satellite television and Internet service provider reported revenue of $3.59 billion, edging ahead of analysts consensus estimates of $3.58 billion.
Earnings for the quarter were 38 cents per diluted share, missing analysts estimates by 5 cents.
Must Read: Warren Buffett's 10 Favorite Growth Stocks
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
The company increased its broadband revenue to $83 million this quarter from the $41 million it posted in the year ago period and added 40,000 new pay TV subscriptions, a 10% increase from the previous year.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV