NEW YORK , May 8, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Voya Financial, Inc. (NYSE: VOYA), which has rebranded from ING U.S., announced today that it will hold its first annual National Day of Service on May 9, 2014. The day will include over one hundred events across the United States, at which Voya employees will volunteer their time and energy supporting different philanthropic activities that focus on financial literacy, children's education and the environment.
"Knowing that a significant number of our 7,000 employees will come together on a single day to give back in the communities where we live and work is impressive and inspiring," said Rodney O. Martin, Jr., Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Voya Financial. "With our long history of corporate philanthropy and employee giving, community investment is in our DNA. We're excited to begin this enterprise-wide tradition in 2014 as we showcase our Voya brand and set the stage for our community service programs going forward."
As part of the corporate-wide day of service, activities will take place at or near the major Voya Financial offices in nine different states. Employees will disperse into their communities wearing signature shirts with the Voya orange logo to help schools, senior centers and land conservancies, as well as work with national organizations that have a local presence such as Boys and Girls Clubs, Habitat for Humanity, Ronald McDonald Houses, Junior Achievement and YMCAs. Along with these diverse off-site activities, a unifying volunteer activity will take place at each of the company's major offices to help Feeding Children Everywhere provide healthy meals to needy families.Voya Financial seeks to create shared value for the company and the communities it serves by conducting business in a way that is socially, environmentally, economically and ethically responsible.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV