Story updated at 9:55 a.m. to reflect market activity.
Perrigo gained 0.3% to $130.98 in morning trading.
The firm set a price target of $160 for the company. Perrigo lacks near-term catalysts according to RBC Capital analysts.Must read: Warren Buffett's 10 Favorite Growth Stocks STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. -------------- Separately, TheStreet Ratings team rates PERRIGO CO PLC as a Buy with a ratings score of B. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation: "We rate PERRIGO CO PLC (PRGO) a BUY. This is driven by a number of strengths, which we believe should have a greater impact than any weaknesses, and should give investors a better performance opportunity than most stocks we cover. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, expanding profit margins and solid stock price performance. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income." Highlights from the analysis by TheStreet Ratings Team goes as follows:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 2.3%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 10.9%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.39, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels. To add to this, PRGO has a quick ratio of 1.51, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- 43.25% is the gross profit margin for PERRIGO CO PLC which we consider to be strong. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of -8.79% is in-line with the industry average.
- PERRIGO CO PLC has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, PERRIGO CO PLC increased its bottom line by earning $4.67 versus $4.18 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($6.61 versus $4.67).
- Compared to where it was a year ago today, the stock is now trading at a higher level, regardless of the company's weak earnings results. Looking ahead, the stock's rise over the last year has already helped drive it to a level which is relatively expensive compared to the rest of its industry. We feel, however, that the other strengths this company displays justify these higher price levels.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: PRGO Ratings Report