DES PLAINES, Ill., May 8, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- UOP LLC, a Honeywell (NYSE: HON) company, announced today that its technologies have been selected to produce key ingredients for fuels and synthetic rubber in China.
China's Lijin Petrochemical Plant Co., Ltd. will use Honeywell's UOP C 4 Oleflex™ process to produce isobutylene, an important ingredient for fuels and synthetic rubber. This is UOP's 15th Oleflex project in China in the past three years. Lijin Petrochemical also will use Honeywell's UOP Butamer™ process, which converts normal butane into isobutane to increase feedstock flexibility for the UOP Oleflex process.
Lijin Petrochemical chose UOP's Oleflex process over competing processes based on the superior economics, proven reliability and long track record of other UOP C 4 dehydrogenation units operating around the world.
"As the need for fuels and petrochemical intermediates continues to grow around the globe, UOP is providing solutions that help producers meet local demand and capture a high return on their investment," said Pete Piotrowski, senior vice president and general manager of Honeywell's UOP Process Technology and Equipment business unit. "UOP's Oleflex technology will be used in China to produce about 1 million metric tons annually of isobutylene, and we look forward to working with Lijin to make this project a success."The new unit, which is expected to start up in 2015, will produce 170,000 metric tons annually of isobutylene product at its facility in Shandong Province, China. UOP will provide the engineering design, technology licensing, catalysts, adsorbents, equipment, staff training, and technical service for the project. Honeywell UOP's Butamer process converts normal butane to isobutane. The UOP Butamer process achieves the highest selectivity with low energy and low capital investment, and has been the leading technology in the industry for decades.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV