VANCOUVER, British Columbia, May 8, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Nevada Sunrise Gold Corporation ("Nevada Sunrise", or the "Company") (TSX-V:NEV) is pleased to announce that drilling resumed on May 7, 2014 at the Kinsley Mountain property in Nevada. The 2014 drill program operated by Pilot Gold Inc. ("Pilot Gold") (TSX:PLG) has re-started with one core rig and two reverse circulation rigs after a successful winter program, which intersected high-grade gold in several holes over significant widths.
Highlights from the 12-hole, 4,229 metre 2014 winter diamond drilling program at the Western Flank include:
- 6.85 g/t Au over 41.7 metres in PK127C
- 10.5 g/t Au over 42.7 metres in PK131C
- 7.53 g/t Au over 53.3 metres in PK132C
- 10.6 g/t Au over 30.0 metres in PK133C
- 1.44 g/t Au over 12.2 metres and 2.84 g/t Au over 18.9 metres in PK134C
- 21.3 g/t Au over 29.0 metres in PK137C*
- 15.6 g/t Au over 38.7 metres in PK137CA*
*PK137C was lost in the mineralized zone due to poor ground conditions higher in the hole, and does not represent a complete intercept of the zone. PK137CA was wedged off the same hole from above the mineralized zone using NQ-size tools and was completed through the mineralized zone in a location immediately adjacent to PK137C, effectively representing a twin of PK137C and a complete intercept of the mineralized zone.The remaining 21,300 metres in the 2014 drill program will be focused on step-out drilling around the high-grade mineralization in the Western Flank target, as well as exploration drilling at the Right Spot, Secret Spot and other compelling targets across the property. Pilot Gold is currently operating under an approved 65 acre (26.3 hectares) Plan of Operations, and has secured 1,080 acre/feet of water rights. An amendment to the Plan of Operations is currently pending for an additional 23 acres (9.3 hectares) on the Kinsley North claims, which host a series of high-priority targets that have never been drill tested.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts