The Buckle, Inc. (NYSE:BKE) announced today that comparable store net sales, for stores open at least one year, for the 4-week period ended May 3, 2014 increased 0.8 percent from comparable store net sales for the 4-week period ended May 4, 2013. Net sales for the 4-week fiscal period ended May 3, 2014 increased 2.4 percent to $75.6 million from net sales of $73.8 million for the prior year 4-week fiscal period ended May 4, 2013.
Comparable store net sales year-to-date for the 13-week period ended May 3, 2014 decreased 0.9 percent from comparable store net sales for the 13-week period ended May 4, 2013. Net sales for the 13-week fiscal period ended May 3, 2014 increased 0.7 percent to $271.7 million from net sales of $269.7 million for the prior year 13-week fiscal period ended May 4, 2013.
The Company will announce first quarter earnings the morning of Thursday, May 22, 2014. Management will hold a conference call at 10:00 a.m. EDT on May 22, 2014 to discuss results for the quarter. To participate in the call, please call (800) 230-1074 and reference the conference code 326712. A replay of the call will be available for a two-week period beginning May 22, 2014 at 12:00 p.m. EDT by calling (800) 475-6701 and entering the conference code 326712.
About BuckleOffering a unique mix of high-quality, on-trend apparel, accessories, and footwear, Buckle caters to fashion-conscious young men and women. Known as a denim destination, each store carries a wide selection of fits, styles, and finishes from leading denim brands, including the Company’s exclusive brand, BKE. Headquartered in Kearney, Nebraska, Buckle currently operates 452 retail stores in 43 states, which includes the opening of two new stores this week in the Dallas, Texas market. The Company operated 443 stores in 43 states as of May 8, 2013. To listen to the Company’s recorded monthly sales commentary, please call (308) 238-2500.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV