FXCM Inc. (NYSE:FXCM), a leading online provider of foreign exchange, or FX, trading and related services, today announced for the quarter ended March 31, 2014, US GAAP revenues of $115.0 million, compared to $122.9 million for the quarter ended March 31, 2013, a decrease of 6%. U.S. GAAP net income attributable to FXCM Inc. was $2.1 million for the First Quarter 2014 or $0.05 per diluted share, compared to $6.9 million or $0.23 per diluted share for the First Quarter 2013, a decrease of 70% and 79% respectively.
Adjusted Pro Forma EBITDA for the First Quarter 2014 was $24.6 million, compared to $43.8 million for the First Quarter 2013, a decrease of 44%. Adjusted Pro Forma Net Income was $5.2 million or $0.07 per share for the First Quarter 2014, compared to $17.5 million or $0.23 per diluted, fully exchanged share for the First Quarter 2013, a decrease of 70% and 70% respectively.
“Volatility in the currency markets is currently at lows only seen twice in the past 20 years,” said Drew Niv, Chief Executive Officer. “However, having grown our business so significantly in the past few years, we believe we have the scale to continue to weather the difficult trading conditions relative to our competition and use them to expand our market share for when conditions improve.”
Adjusted Pro Forma results assume the conversion and exchange of all FXCM Holdings, LLC Units into FXCM Inc. Class A common stock, resulting in the elimination of the non-controlling interest and the corresponding adjustment to the entity's tax provision. In addition, Adjusted Pro Forma results eliminate certain non-recurring charges and certain equity based compensation expense granted at the time of FXCM's initial public offering in December 2010.FXCM Inc. today announced certain key operating metrics for April 2014 for its retail and institutional foreign exchange businesses. Monthly activities included:
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV