3 Stocks Pushing The Electronics Industry Lower
Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.The Electronics industry as a whole closed the day down 0.7% versus the S&P 500, which was up 0.6%. Laggards within the Electronics industry included BTU International (BTUI), down 3.8%, Wells-Gardner Electronic (WGA), down 2.3%, MRV Communications (MRVC), down 2.0%, Mocon (MOCO), down 1.8% and CSR (CSRE), down 2.4%.TheStreet Ratings Group would like to highlight 3 stocks that pushed the industry lower today:CSR (CSRE) is one of the companies that pushed the Electronics industry lower today. CSR was down $0.90 (2.4%) to $36.81 on average volume. Throughout the day, 3,921 shares of CSR exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3,800 shares. The stock ranged in price between $36.56-$37.05 after having opened the day at $36.93 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $37.71. CSR plc, a fabless semiconductor company, designs and develops semiconductor integrated circuits primarily in Asia, the Americas, and Europe. CSR has a market cap of $1.6 billion and is part of the technology sector. Shares are down 9.5% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. Currently there are 2 analysts who rate CSR a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold.STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.TheStreet Ratings rates CSR as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, good cash flow from operations and expanding profit margins. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including deteriorating net income, disappointing return on equity and feeble growth in the company's earnings per share.Highlights from TheStreet Ratings analysis on CSRE go as follows:
- CSRE's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.00 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. To add to this, CSRE has a quick ratio of 1.86, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 78.32% to $37.25 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, CSR PLC has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 3.16%.
- Compared to where it was a year ago today, the stock is now trading at a higher level, regardless of the company's weak earnings results. Despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year, there is currently no conclusive evidence that warrants the purchase or sale of this stock.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Semiconductors & Semiconductor Equipment industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 217.6% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $64.65 million to -$76.06 million.
- Return on equity has greatly decreased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of major weakness within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Semiconductors & Semiconductor Equipment industry and the overall market, CSR PLC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV