3 Health Care Stocks Pushing The Sector Higher
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Biotechnology industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 54.9% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from -$1.99 million to -$3.08 million.
- Despite any intermediate fluctuations, we have only bad news to report on this stock's performance over the last year: it has tumbled by 43.97%, worse than the S&P 500's performance. Consistent with the plunge in the stock price, the company's earnings per share are down 28.57% compared to the year-earlier quarter. Naturally, the overall market trend is bound to be a significant factor. However, in one sense, the stock's sharp decline last year is a positive for future investors, making it cheaper (in proportion to its earnings over the past year) than most other stocks in its industry. But due to other concerns, we feel the stock is still not a good buy right now.
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Biotechnology industry and the overall market, ORAGENICS INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- ORAGENICS INC's earnings per share declined by 28.6% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, ORAGENICS INC continued to lose money by earning -$0.57 versus -$0.95 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings (-$0.37 versus -$0.57).
- The gross profit margin for ORAGENICS INC is currently very high, coming in at 84.60%. It has increased significantly from the same period last year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of -708.04% is in-line with the industry average.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts