By midday, shares of Zynga were down 6.2% to $3.48, while King had dropped 11.8% to $16.54.
Despite beating analysts' estimates in its first quarter reported earlier, King Digital posted a drop in quarter-on-quarter monthly unique paying users, its biggest driver of revenue. Paying customers slipped over 2% to under 12 million.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Software industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 1580.3% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $4.13 million to -$61.18 million.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to -$24.25 million or 191.68% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Software industry and the overall market, ZYNGA INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for ZYNGA INC is currently very high, coming in at 83.24%. Regardless of ZNGA's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, ZNGA's net profit margin of -36.41% significantly underperformed when compared to the industry average.
- The revenue fell significantly faster than the industry average of 5.7%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues fell by 36.3%. The declining revenue appears to have seeped down to the company's bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: ZNGA Ratings Report
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts