Avnet Technology Solutions, the global IT solutions distribution leader and an operating group of Avnet, Inc. (NYSE: AVT), today introduced two new solutions to accelerate the adoption of private clouds by small businesses and remote offices / branch offices (ROBO). The Avnet A30 Series and A20 Series appliances are Avnet converged infrastructure solutions based on EMC’s recently launched VNXe ®3200 unified storage platform and EMC ® ScaleIO™ architecture, respectively. They will be available to customers exclusively through Avnet’s highly knowledgeable channel partner community in the U.S. and Canada. The new appliances will provide small business and ROBO customers with the benefits of private clouds, but at the price points and sizes that align with their organizations.
“The adaptability and efficiency of private clouds make them ideal for small businesses, remote offices and branch offices; however, these solutions are typically designed for companies with hundreds or thousands of employees,” said Greg Peterson, vice president and general manager for the EMC Solutions group, Avnet Technology Solutions, Americas. “Avnet and EMC collaborated to create converged infrastructure solutions tailored to the unique needs of the small business market that leverage EMC’s latest software and architecture, and create a path to private clouds. The introduction of the Avnet A30 Series and A20 Series presents a clear opportunity for our partners to address this underserved market with flexible information infrastructures that have the scale they need.”
The Avnet A30 Series and Avnet A20 Series are converged infrastructure solutions that provide small businesses and ROBOs with remote and virtual access to their data via private clouds. Both solutions are built on EMC’s VSPEX ® for Private Cloud architecture that features virtualization with flexibility, validated interoperability for deployment and cloud-based storage and backup. The physical aspects of these solutions are housed in a Panduit enclosure that fits in small wiring closets and other space-constrained facilities. Features include:
- Avnet A30 Series: Designed to meet the needs of businesses and offices with approximately 50 users. It includes two of the latest releases from EMC, the Data Domain ® DD2200 and the VNXe ®3200. The DD2200 offers reliable storage protection, delivering industry-leading application protection and data integrity. The VNXe3200, EMC’s unified storage platform, features unified snapshots and Fibre Channel support along with the Fully Automated Storage Tiering (FAST) and Multicore Optimization (MCx) software that leverages flash or increased performance, while simultaneously lowering capex and opex ($/IOPS and $/GB).
- Avnet A20 Series: Created for businesses and offices with approximately 25 users. This solution includes ScaleIO, a software-only solution that uses the application hosts’ local disks to realize a virtual SAN that is comparable to, or better than, external SAN storage, but at a fraction of the cost and without the complexity.
“Avnet is making private cloud computing affordable for small businesses by using our next-generation technology,” said Jeff Boudreau, senior vice president and general manager, Enterprise and Midrange Systems Division, EMC Corporation. “Avnet was the natural choice for us to engage with on these appliances based on their team’s strong technical expertise, services capabilities and heritage in solutions distribution. Avnet complemented EMC’s strategy to have channel-ready solutions available following the launch of our VNXe3200 storage platform and EMC ScaleIO architecture, and together, we will help our partners solve the technology challenges of small businesses and remote and branch offices.”
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts