PHILADELPHIA, April 23, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Chemtura Corporation (NYSE:CHMT) (Euronext:CHMT) today announced a price increase of up to 20% on the base price of all AXION TM Octyltin products and AXION™ CS 1450 (MBTO). The price increase will be implemented effective immediately, or as contracts allow.
The AXION TM products affected by this price increase are Organotin specialties based on Octyltin, including mono, di, tri and Tetraoctyltin products, which are used among others in specialty applications such as industrial intermediates, fine chemicals and catalyst applications.
The cost of key raw materials including Octyl- and tin- feedstock and utilities continues to climb, driven by tight supply and strong demand. It is Chemtura's expectation that feedstock and utility prices will continue to remain at high levels and with unpredictable volatility.The price increase for AXION™ CS 1450 (MBTO) also reflects Chemtura's compliance with stringent market requirements for a higher purity grade catalyst. Chemtura Corporation, with 2013 sales of $2.2 billion, 1 is a global manufacturer and marketer of specialty and agrochemicals. Additional information about Chemtura is available at www.chemtura.com . Information about the Organometallics business is available at www.chemtura-organometallics.com . 1 2013 net sales of $2.2 billion reflects discontinued operations treatment for the completed sales of the Antioxidants and Consumer Products businesses.
CONTACT: Dr. Ulrich Stewen Chemtura Europe GmbH Tel. +41 52 723 4432 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV