Cognizant Technology Solutions (CTSH) Down In Pre-Market Trading
- CTSH has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $165.1 million.
- CTSH traded 16,936 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 9:11 AM.
- CTSH is down 4.5% today from yesterday's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in CTSH with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for CTSH NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on CTSH: Cognizant Technology Solutions Corporation provides information technology (IT), consulting, and business process services worldwide. The company operates in four segments: Financial Services, Healthcare, Manufacturing/Retail/Logistics, and Other. CTSH has a PE ratio of 24.6. Currently there are 12 analysts that rate Cognizant Technology Solutions a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold. The average volume for Cognizant Technology Solutions has been 3.8 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Cognizant Technology has a market cap of $30.1 billion and is part of the technology sector and computer software & services industry. The stock has a beta of 1.61 and a short float of 1.6% with 2.83 days to cover. Shares are down 2.4% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Cognizant Technology Solutions as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income and good cash flow from operations. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 16.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 20.9%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- CTSH has no debt to speak of therefore resulting in a debt-to-equity ratio of zero, which we consider to be a relatively favorable sign. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 3.17, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- COGNIZANT TECH SOLUTIONS has improved earnings per share by 15.2% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, COGNIZANT TECH SOLUTIONS increased its bottom line by earning $2.02 versus $1.72 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.35 versus $2.02).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the IT Services industry average, but is less than that of the S&P 500. The net income increased by 16.3% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $278.78 million to $324.33 million.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $505.87 million or 39.79% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, COGNIZANT TECH SOLUTIONS has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -22.12%.
- You can view the full Cognizant Technology Solutions Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link reveal their investment tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
Jim Cramer's protégé, David Peltier, uncovers low dollar stocks with extraordinary upside potential that are flying under Wall Street's radar.
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Jim Cramer's protégé, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.