Amazon (AMZN) could only dream of margins one-quarter of that level. However, it's likely, to be a margin that will be difficult to maintain.
Then the excitement will die down, and the company will have to deliver on the irrational expectations I believe will be priced into the stock.
Expectations, by the way, which no matter how many inroads Alibaba makes into other markets, will still largely depend on what happens in China, which is still a communist country.>>Read More: The Biggest Risks to Alibaba's IPO >>Read More: King Digital's Tiny Troubles At the time of publication, the author held no positions in any of the stocks mentioned. Follow @JonMHellerCFA This article represents the opinion of a contributor and not necessarily that of TheStreet or its editorial staff.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV