NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Shares of FireEye Inc. (FEYE) are down -13.71% to $32.04 in pre-market trade after the provider of protection against cyber attacks announced financial results for the 2014 first quarter.
First quarter revenue was $74 million, compared with the previously issued guidance range of $70 million to $72 million.
Deferred revenue totaled $212.7 million at the end of the first quarter, an increase of $25.2 million from December 31, 2013. Current deferred revenue was $121.4 million, an increase of $10.9 million from December 31, 2013. Long-term deferred revenue was $91.3 million, an increase of $14.3 million from December 31, 2013.First quarter GAAP net loss was $101.2 million, or 76 cents per share, based on 134.0 million weighted average shares outstanding. This compares with a GAAP net loss of $27 million, or $1.78 per basic and diluted share, based on 15.2 million weighted average shares outstanding, in the first quarter of 2013. First quarter non-GAAP net loss was $71.4 million, or 53 cents per basic and diluted share, compared to the previously issued guidance range of a loss of 51 cents to $56 cents per share. Separately, the company announced the execution of a definitive agreement to acquire nPulse Technologies, an innovator in network security forensics.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV