CHICAGO, May 7, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Cars.com, the leading online resource for buying and selling new and used vehicles, has released its editors' top 10 most anticipated new cars for 2015. The list includes cars that the sites' editors are most looking forward to going on sale based on what they saw at 2014's major auto shows.
"There's plenty for car shoppers to look forward to in 2015, because there are so many new releases soon to be on sale," said Joe Wiesenfelder, Cars.com's Executive Editor. "From the redesigned Ford Mustang to the sleek, futuristic electric BMW i8, and even more practical cars like the tiny Jeep Renegade SUV or the Hyundai Sonata, our list includes compelling new vehicles for many types of shopper."
The top 10 most anticipated 2015's according to Cars.com experts are:
- Alfa Romeo 4C: The Italian brand's return to the U.S. after a 20-plus-year hiatus comes in the form of a curvaceous coupe.
- Ford Mustang: The more modernly styled Mustang is lighter and wider for 2015 with a new engine option.
- Jeep Renegade: Though perhaps a little polarizing, the Renegade brings back the blocky, rugged look for which Jeep is known, in a very small package.
- BMW i8: The sci-fi looking BMW plug-in hybrid delivers the drama with a long, low, wide body and swing-up doors.
- Porsche Macan: Boasting baby Cayenne styling and two engine options, Porsche is following suit with many other luxury automakers by adding this smaller model to its lineup.
- Lexus RC F: The RC F strikes a menacing pose backed up by some serious numbers including 450 horsepower.
- Chevrolet Corvette Z06: Brute power, dynamic handling and head-turning style are three Corvette hallmarks, and the new high-performance Z06 ups the ante on all accounts.
- Mercedes-Benz C-Class: Appearing hugely improved over its predecessor, the 2015 grows in size and offers a suite of high-tech safety features.
- Ford F-150: The truck's huge makeover for 2015 includes a pumped-up grille, a weight-saving aluminum body and several new powertrains.
- Hyundai Sonata: This midsize sedan has always been an affordable, good-looking, feature-packed sedan; a face-lift and more features only sweeten the Sonata's appeal.
"2014 auto shows were packed full of exciting new car releases demonstrating that the industry continues to come back to life," said Wiesenfelder. "There are a few key trends that you might notice in the list. Performance is back, technology is a major focus across the board, and luxury automakers continue to introduce smaller, more affordable models."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV