Huron Consulting Group (NASDAQ: HURN), a leading provider of business consulting services, today announced its third
Annual Day of Service
, in which employees donate their time and talents to participate in activities directed toward the betterment of the community. On and around May 9, 2014, the Company and its employees will partner with more than 50 different charitable and nonprofit organizations in more than 25 locales around the world to assist in community service projects and activities.
Huron's 2013 Day of Service (Photo: Business Wire)
“On a daily basis, our highly talented workforce provides support and advice to our clients to find value-creating solutions to business issues. Closer to home, our people are excited about the opportunity to roll up their sleeves to partner with charitable organizations in our communities. This is the essence of our Annual Day of Service. We encourage each other to get involved in community matters to help strengthen the social organizations around us,” said
James H. Roth
, chief executive officer and president of
Huron Consulting Group
Having a positive impact on the community is not a one-day event for Huron. The Company, through its
Huron Helping Hands
program, encourages employee involvement in civic sponsorships, community service and pro bono activities year round. Huron supports its partner organizations, including
Habitat for Humanity
Ronald McDonald House Charities
in locations across the country, and encourages charitable giving through its matching gifts program.
A cross-section of events planned for the 2014 Annual Day of Service includes:
- Atlanta – Partnering with Junior Achievement of Georgia at JA Finance Park to teach financial literacy and work readiness to local middle school students.
- Chicago – Helping the Boys & Girls Clubs of Chicago organize a Summer Olympiad competition for children from economically challenged neighborhoods.
- Houston – Assembling breakfasts for senior citizens in conjunction with Meals on Wheels operated by the Interfaith Ministries of Greater Houston.
- India – Hosting a carnival and fashion show for the children of the Arushi Girls Home, Salaam Balaak Trust in Gurgaon, in addition to reaching out to children at Deepashram, a boys’ orphanage.
- New York – Engaging urban youth who are interested in pursuing corporate internships through Year Up New York.
- Portland – Collecting, sorting and repackaging food items and meals at the Oregon Food Bank.
To learn more about the community partnering of Huron Consulting Group during its Annual Day of Service, visit
for a complete list of affiliated organizations.
In addition, connect with us on Facebook at
for updates on our Annual Day of Service. Stay up to date on our activities on Twitter:
, or connect with us on LinkedIn and Google+ at
Huron Consulting Group was founded in May 2002 with 200 people and has grown to more than 2,500 today. Its business segments include:
Huron Business Advisory
. The Company was recognized by
magazine as one of the
Best Firms to Work For in 2013
and as a Top Workplace in 2013 by
The Chicago Tribune
About Huron Consulting Group
Huron Consulting Group helps clients in diverse industries improve performance, transform the enterprise, reduce costs, leverage technology, process and review large amounts of complex data, address regulatory changes, recover from distress and stimulate growth. Our professionals employ their expertise in finance, operations, strategy and technology to provide our clients with specialized analyses and customized advice and solutions that are tailored to address each client's particular challenges and opportunities to deliver sustainable and measurable results. The Company provides consulting services to a wide variety of both financially sound and distressed organizations, including healthcare organizations, leading academic institutions, Fortune 500 companies, governmental entities and law firms. Huron has worked with more than 425 health systems, hospitals, and academic medical centers; more than 400 corporate general counsel; and more than 350 universities and research institutions. Learn more at