Huron Consulting Group (NASDAQ: HURN), a leading provider of business consulting services, today announced its third Annual Day of Service, in which employees donate their time and talents to participate in activities directed toward the betterment of the community. On and around May 9, 2014, the Company and its employees will partner with more than 50 different charitable and nonprofit organizations in more than 25 locales around the world to assist in community service projects and activities.
Huron's 2013 Day of Service (Photo: Business Wire)
“On a daily basis, our highly talented workforce provides support and advice to our clients to find value-creating solutions to business issues. Closer to home, our people are excited about the opportunity to roll up their sleeves to partner with charitable organizations in our communities. This is the essence of our Annual Day of Service. We encourage each other to get involved in community matters to help strengthen the social organizations around us,” said James H. Roth, chief executive officer and president of Huron Consulting Group.
Having a positive impact on the community is not a one-day event for Huron. The Company, through its Huron Helping Hands program, encourages employee involvement in civic sponsorships, community service and pro bono activities year round. Huron supports its partner organizations, including Habitat for Humanity, Junior Achievement and Ronald McDonald House Charities in locations across the country, and encourages charitable giving through its matching gifts program.
A cross-section of events planned for the 2014 Annual Day of Service includes:
- Atlanta – Partnering with Junior Achievement of Georgia at JA Finance Park to teach financial literacy and work readiness to local middle school students.
- Chicago – Helping the Boys & Girls Clubs of Chicago organize a Summer Olympiad competition for children from economically challenged neighborhoods.
- Houston – Assembling breakfasts for senior citizens in conjunction with Meals on Wheels operated by the Interfaith Ministries of Greater Houston.
- India – Hosting a carnival and fashion show for the children of the Arushi Girls Home, Salaam Balaak Trust in Gurgaon, in addition to reaching out to children at Deepashram, a boys’ orphanage.
- New York – Engaging urban youth who are interested in pursuing corporate internships through Year Up New York.
- Portland – Collecting, sorting and repackaging food items and meals at the Oregon Food Bank.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV